In addition to our regular weekly programs, St. Mark’s runs a number of annual events, including:
- VBS – morning camp for kids JK through grade 7, runs in July the first full week without Canada Day
- Soccer VBS – full-day camp with a focus on soccer, runs later in July
- LYNC Festival – Love Your Neighbour Committee – a fun fair run in partnership with people who live in our immediate community. It raises funds to support The Open Door and The Compass. Runs on the 3rd Saturday in September, rain or shine!
- Sharing & Caring – we put together Christmas breakfast and dinner groceries plus Christmas gifts for families who are experiencing financial difficulties. Word caught on about this, so even some people in our community who aren’t members at St. Mark’s like to help out.
- Live Nativity – An evening of staging a Nativity scene with volunteers in costume, while a band plays carols for everyone to sing along with. Runs in December.
- Chili Dinner – A social evening with singing, games, skits, laughter, and of course chili. Lots and lots of chili. Funds raised go to capital projects at our church. Runs in February or March.
- Friendship Tea – A women’s social afternoon with tea and desserts, games and music. Fascinators optional, but encouraged! We get guys from the congregation to be our waiters – oh ya.
We are working on each item above having its own page. Please check back. Sorry to make you wait!