In addition to our regular weekly programs, St. Mark’s runs a number of annual events, including:
- Chili Dinner – A social evening with singing, games, skits, laughter, and of course chili. Lots and lots of chili. Funds raised go to capital projects at our church. Runs in February or March.
- Electronics Recycling – runs April 28 in 2018
- Friendship Tea – A social afternoon with tea and desserts, games and music. Fascinators optional, but encouraged! A few guys from the congregation generously offer to act as waiters. The tea is always held the day before Mothers’ Day, but this is not a mothers-only event! Everyone, including guys, are welcome to share in the friendship.
- Soccer VBS – mid-day camp with a focus on soccer for kids ages 4-13, runs July 2-6 in 2018. Extended hours available.
- Splash Canyon VBS – morning camp for kids JK through grade 6, runs July 9-13 in 2018
- LYNC Festival – Love Your Neighbour Committee – a fun fair run in partnership with people who live in our immediate community. It raises funds to support The Open Door and The Compass. Runs on the 3rd Saturday in September, rain or shine!
- Sharing & Caring – we put together Christmas breakfast and dinner groceries plus Christmas gifts for families who are experiencing financial difficulties. Word caught on about this, so even some people in our community who aren’t members at St. Mark’s like to help out.
- Live Nativity – An evening of staging a Nativity scene with volunteers in costume, while a band plays carols for everyone to sing along with. Runs in December.