In addition to our regular weekly programs, St. Mark’s runs a number of annual events, including:
- Chili Dinner – A social evening with singing, games, skits, laughter, and of course chili. Lots and lots of chili. Funds raised go to capital projects at our church. Runs in February or March.
- Electronics Recycling – provides a convenient drop-off for our community’s defunct electronics, which is then taken to a recycling company that carefully dismantles all the items so component parts can be reused or recycled. Was held on Saturday, April 29 in 2023. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
- Friendship Tea – A social afternoon with tea and desserts, games and music. Fascinators optional, but encouraged! A few guys from the congregation generously offer to act as waiters. The tea is always held the day before Mothers’ Day, but this is not a mothers-only event! Everyone, including guys, are welcome to share in the friendship. Planned for Saturday, May 13 in 2023.
- Soccer Camp – morning camp with a focus on soccer for kids ages 4-12, runs July 3-7 in 2023. We will have a theme for our soccer camp this year: “Knights of North Castle”.
- The Compass Walk (note: this link opens The Compass website in a new tab) St. Mark’s is the host for this great event that raises money for The Compass foodbank. It’s a Walk-A-Thon that begins and ends outside at St. Mark’s. To celebrate completing the walk, there’s a barbeque, music, fun activities, and great people to meet. If you’re not sure about participating, come to St. Mark’s and check it out – you’ll want to participate next year! In 2023, Walk the Walk will be held on Saturday, September 16.
- Sharing & Caring – we put together Christmas breakfast and dinner groceries plus Christmas gifts for families who are experiencing financial difficulties. Word caught on about this, so even some people in our community who aren’t members at St. Mark’s like to help out. We “adopted” 30 families in 2022.
- Live Nativity – An evening of staging a Nativity scene with volunteers in costume, while a band plays carols for everyone to sing along with.