In addition to our regular weekly programs, St. Mark’s runs a number of annual events, including:
- Chili Dinner – A social evening with singing, games, skits, laughter, and of course chili. Lots and lots of chili. Funds raised go to capital projects at our church. Runs in February or March.
- Friendship Tea – A social afternoon with tea and desserts, games and music. Fascinators optional, but encouraged! A few guys from the congregation generously offer to act as waiters. The tea is always held the day before Mothers’ Day, but this is not a mothers-only event! Everyone, including guys, are welcome to share in the friendship.
- Electronics Recycling – provides a convenient drop-off for our community’s defunct electronics, which is then taken to a recycling company that carefully dismantles all the items so component parts can be reused or recycled. Planned for May 28 in 2022.
- Themed Camp – morning camp for kids JK through grade 6, runs July 4-8 in 2022 as conditions permit.This year’s theme is “Treasure Hunters”
- Soccer Camp – morning camp with a focus on soccer for kids ages 4-12, runs July 11-15 in 2022 as conditions permit
- Community Fun Fair – run by members and neighbours of St. Mark’s in partnership with The Compass. It raises funds to support The Compass on the 3rd Saturday in September, rain or shine! This event is the start and finish point of The Compass’ annual walk-a-thon.
- Sharing & Caring – we put together Christmas breakfast and dinner groceries plus Christmas gifts for families who are experiencing financial difficulties. Word caught on about this, so even some people in our community who aren’t members at St. Mark’s like to help out.
- Live Nativity – An evening of staging a Nativity scene with volunteers in costume, while a band plays carols for everyone to sing along with.